Mine cages are designed for lowering and lifting people, transporting mine trolleys, as well as equipment and auxiliary materials along vertical mines and pits shafts and mines with single-channel or multi-channel lifting.
The cages are divided into according to:
- the method of assembling the metal structure: welded, riveted, collapsible (bolted);
- the type of conductors: wooden, rail, box, rope, single and double-sided);
- the number of decks: one and double-deck;
- the presence of stopping devices in the cage:
- the type of safety device (parachute catcher PTCA, parachute cutting);
- the type of used suspension device (UP, pear-shaped deadeyes, PUM, PUSM).
Cages for multi-channel lifting are divided into cages with a movable body and with a motionless body.